A LOOK BACK AT THE PAST WEEK + A LOOK FORWARD TO THE ONE AHEAD. ENJOY THIS REFLECTION FROM MY NECK OF THE WOODS.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK
- I turned 50! My friend Diana threw me a birthday party. She gave me a few choices and the only thing I hadn’t done before was hatchet throwing, so I chose that idea. Other than what we were doing and the date and time I didn’t know what was going to happen. It was such a special night. She had even invited my mom, sister and friend from Iowa, Carolin. Carolin knows several of my local friends after traveling with my White Arrows Team on a few of our team travels, so it was fun for all of them to see each other as well as an amazing surprise for me! One of my friends knit lumberjack beards for all of us to wear while we threw the axes. It was hilarious! It was such a special and fun night surrounded by so many friends.
- My friend from Iowa stayed the night and it was such fun to stay up late chatting and catching up and then going to breakfast the next morning. On her way out of town she was able to stop and see The Shop. She hadn’t been to town since we moved to our new location last year.
- Watching my youngest son’s basketball games. He is so much fun to watch play!
- Winter Ball for my high schoolers! It’s such fun to see their excitement around the event! My son is a freshman and my daughter, a junior, but they are great friends and their friend groups all enjoy each other.
WHAT I’M READING
I could not put down The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristin Harmel.
See more of what I’ve been reading this month in THIS POST.
I’m also excited about my friend Stacy of Bricks ‘n Blooms new book, A Beautiful & Easy-Care Flower Garden, coming out in February.
You can pre-order it HERE.
WHAT I’M WATCHING
Have you seen Buried on Netflix yet?
It was an amazing one episode story about about the 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche.
I highly recommend it!
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO
I shared in my Instagram Stories this week a wonderful Podcast full of inspiring wisdom and ideas you’ll want to even write down to remember as Annie F. Downs interviewed Michelle McKinney Hammond on That Sounds Fun about Living a Life of Whimsy.
Passing on a quote I heard this week and didn’t want to forget.
THIS WEEK’S POSTS
I didn’t have any new posts this week other than yesterday’s Welcome Home Saturday.
DID YOU SEE THIS?
IN THE SHOP
Join me for our Paddle Club Thursday night Clubs: Game Night, Cookbook Club, Book Club and Craft Club. Sign up HERE.
MORE INSPIRATION FROM AROUND THE WEB
- My friend Ann has 20 beautiful ideas to decorate with vintage books.
- Rachel has a pretty Valentine DIY using rustic book page Dollar Tree.
- Over in Maine, Molly has easy sewing projects to warm your kitchen and table for Winter.
- My friend Kim has a post sharing how to force cut branches to bloom indoors.
- Stacy has delicious Galentine brunch ideas.