A LOOK BACK AT THE PAST WEEK + A LOOK FORWARD AT THE WEEK AHEAD. ENJOY THIS REFLECTION FROM MY NECK OF THE WOODS.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK
- Having my son home from college for the Thanksgiving week.
- Dinner with my husband and kids at our most favorite restaurant, The Driftless Cafe.
- Starting my Advent devotional book. I gift my kids the same book so we are all reading together for the Christmas season. Here are some book ideas in THIS POST.
- Being in one place for several days at a time sitting by the fire reading and writing.
WHAT I’M READING
My Advent devotion readings started today.
Choose yours HERE.
A few months ago I gifted my younger daughter one of my favorite books, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom and she read it this week over break.
It was one of those books that stays with you forever and she found it to be the same for her.
Many of my favorite encouraging quotes are from Corrie ten Boom.
See my encouragement below.
Search Corrie ten Boom quotes on Pinterest and be inspired by her wisdom and faith.
Have you read The Hiding Place before?
WHAT I’M WATCHING
Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?
I have several that I love, but I do have one I love most.
My favorite Christmas movie is not talked about much, but I love the sweet story, the characters and especially the music.
The Preacher’s Wife staring Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington came out in 1996 and has been a must watch for me every year since.
It’s soundtrack is also mixed throughout my Christmas playlists.
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO
THIS WEEK’S POSTS
DID YOU SEE THIS?
IN THE SHOP
MORE INSPIRATION FROM AROUND THE WEB
- My friend Cindy has the cutest tutorial for fabric Christmas trees.
- Lora, my fellow Midwest girl, has great ideas for decorating vintage sleds.
- Stacy has antiquing secrets and how to find great deals and avoid fakes on her blog.
- Get great inspiration for decorating with holiday greens from my friend Molly.
Have a great rest of your weekend!