All my favorite ingredients: butterscotch, chocolate, pretzels, and sea salt combine for the most delicious cookie!
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
When coming up with a new cookie recipe recently I knew I wanted to mix together my family’s favorites.
- When we go to Culvers they always order butterscotch shakes.
- When I ask what they want from the store they first thing they say is Chubby Hubby. (The Ben and Jerry’s ice cream with pretzels in it.)
- Their favorite Saturday morning pancakes are THESE.
One of the things that gives these cookies such depth of flavor is the browned butter.
How to Make Cookies Step by Step
Begin by melting two sticks of butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
Bring the butter to a boil and stir constantly until the butter is no longer foamy and becomes an amber color.
Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and begin combining the dry ingredients.
- Add 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- And 1 ½ teaspoon of sea salt to a bowl.
- Mix and set aside.
- Now mix into the cooled butter.
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar.
- Add two eggs.
- And 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- And keep stirring.
Now pour this mixture into the dry ingredients.
Then mix it all up!
Now for the fun part!
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup of crushed pretzels
Combine it all together.
Now using a cookie scoop, drop your dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
After you pull them out of the oven, sprinkle flaky salt on each cookie!
What do you need for making cookies?
I found these cute tins when I was #thriftingwiththegals . Follow along on Instagram stories each Wednesday to see my adventures as well as my friends across the country.
I love collecting vintage tins for so many reasons:
- Just because they are cute
- To store things out of sight in a pretty container
- They work great as vases for flower arrangements. See more HERE.
- Tins make great instant gift wrap.
Pretzel Sea Salt Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- cookie scoop
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup Crushed Pretzels
Other recipes to enjoy
Thanks so much for stopping by White Arrows Home! Follow along on our Northwoods journeys for more fun!
FOLLOW WHITE ARROWS HOME